Sunday, December 22, 2013

Facebook Faith #35 The Lady Doth Protest Too Much

http://explosm.net/comics/3408/
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." ~ Hamlet Act 3

A few days ago I wrote a post about my observations during the whole Phil Robertson Duck hub-bub. Just on the duck-tails of that event, Utah, by order of a federal judge, became the 18th state to allow gay marriage.

Utah, as a whole, did not take to kindly to a Federal judge stepping in and declaring our voting away the rights of our fellow citizens unconstitutional. Our governor, like Governor Orval Faubus, has vowed to fight the federal government on this.

Throughout both of these events, I kept hearing things like:
  • I am not a homophobe, but...
  • I am not a racist, but...
  • I don't hate anyone, but...
  • Yes, everyone is equal, but...
A midst those phrases, various folks were expressing frustration about not being to express themselves.  They are tired of the "political correctness" in society today.  I saw this meme posted by one who is frustrated with PC:


Followed by this one:

Now, this same friend (and others of like mind) will jump on my page with guns blazing if I say anything about Christianity.... yes, then THEY will enter the 'magical place'.

But a similar reaction is not to be found when people with a different pigment, or sexual orientation are slighted.  Then these folks long for the days when anything could be said about homosexuals or people of color... with no worry of push back.

Those were the daaaaaayssssss!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails