Friday, August 03, 2012

Netflix: It's A Trap!!!

I took Jake to the library today.  I bought 5 books.  One was Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis... which I have been meaning to get around to....  But am I really going to read these books?  There is a rather large shelf in my basement that is full of books I have been meaning to get to.

Part of the problem is Netflix... it has so much TV goodness.  I just got done watching 7 years of Star Trek DS9, in about 10 weeks.

When you think about it... that is really problematic.

Summer is usually my cram time for reading... what have I read this summer?  Mmmm, I think I read part of a John Shelby Spong book... or was that before summer started??

See!!... not remembering clearly what book I read last... or when I read it... is really freaking me out!!

It's that damnable....  wonderful Netflix!

Did I stop at DS9?  NooOOOooooo.... I went right into Enterprise without missing a beat.

I actually fear that I could like Dr. Who or X-files.  What if I do?!  I would be glued to a screen til Christmas!!

Not sure what to do about this... part of me thinks I should make reading a daily routine... 30 minutes a day!  But now I am making it sound like exercise, or the guilt trip I used to put on myself to get up before dawn to pray.  I enjoy reading!  Why is it so distant from me now?!

Maybe it's just a phase I am going through...

Yeah, yeah... that's it.... a phase....  everything is going to be just fine....

... now what's next in my queue......

3 comments:

Eruesso said...

Me too! So many good books on the bookshelf I haven't even cracked open and I've been held hostage by Netflix. Netflix even had a brief outage (well at least for us) the other day and I considered finishing the Hunger Games but we just switched over to Hulu on the Wii.
~Sam

atimetorend said...

Me three... Went through all the Dr. Who series with the kids, now going through Lost with my wife. I am finishing up a novel, so that's good, but it has also highlighted to me how little I have read over the past 6 months or so.

" Netflix even had a brief outage ...and I considered finishing the Hunger Games but we just switched over to Hulu on the Wii."

Ha!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear God! Please get back to reading!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails