Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Conversations at Gardner Village

My kids and I had today off school (ML still had to work).  So we went out to lunch and took the train to Gardner Village.  We always have good chats.  Here are two of them.

Kathryn:  Dad, I think most kids have to believe what their parents believe.

Me: I suppose that is mostly true...

Kathryn:  But you and Mom have never made me feel I had to believe what you believe; in fact, I think there are items that all three of us see differently.

Me:  So, what do you think about that?

Kathryn:  ......... thank you ........

Me: <grin>  You're welcome....











Kathryn:  So Dad, are you even a Christian anymore?

Me: That is a good question...

Kathryn:  So what are you?

Me: What do you think I am?

Kathryn: (considers thoughtfully for a moment) .... an agnostic, Christian, Buddhist....

Me: ...Hmmmm... I'm cool with that....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails