Thursday, August 06, 2009

My Love Turns 40!

My wife turns 40 today! We were discussing this yesterday, and she indicated that this is the first birthday that gives her pause. Growing up, she remembers when her folks and neighbors turned forty... and she thought that was so ancient.

Now here we are! (I did the turn last year).

I am blessed to be married to a talented, gracious, beautiful, and loving woman. She is humble about these things, but she brings life to every soul she touches and every circumstance she is involved in.

Mary Lee makes our home an inviting and warm place. Her patient, wise, and loving ways have guided our two wonderful children. She is loyal and giving to everyone who is blessed to call her friend.

And I am the one she calls husband. I am truly a rich man!

We have been married for 13 years; so there are a number of her 40 years that I was not a part of. But I am thankful that I am the one who shall be with her for these next 40 and beyond.

Happy Birthday my Love!

6 comments:

Thomas Rasmussen said...

Wish her a Happy Birthday for me.

Redlefty said...

Congrats!

Krista said...

Happy Happy Birthday, sweet Mary Lee! Miss you always!

Sherry said...

I saw it earlier today on FB and now this. Wow!
What a wonderful, heartfelt sentiment.

God bless all of you!

Logan said...

Congrats man!

finau said...

I love this!! So beautiful. I hope she read this!! You really are a beautiful family and it takes good, involved parents like the 2 of you! I know some parents who could learn a few things..... Anyway, a very beautiful recognition of your adorable, talented wife.

Related Posts with Thumbnails