Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Three Generations of Evangelicals

My wife and I stayed up late watching this video. It is a public radio interview of Shane Claiborne, Greg Boyd, and Chuck Colson. We found it to be a fascinating discussion that encapsulates the different worldviews that exist within the evangelical movement. It demonstrates how each person's religion was strongly shaped by the period they grew up in, as well as their lived history.

That awareness helps me to watch Chuck Colson with a more gracious attitude than I might have in the past. I believe the way he weaves nationalism and Christianity into a single fabric is rather heretical. However, he is a product of his time as I am of mine. Perhaps if I overlook some of his heresies, others may be more inclined to overlook mine.

It is an hour and a half long, and well worth the time.

Click here to watch the video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video - I have to check it out when I get a chance - this kind of stuff enthralls the anthropology sensibilities inside me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails